Sunday, January 15, 2012

Peppermint Popper Table Topper Finish!!

I'm linking up today with the One Thing One Week Challenge at Amy's Creative Side! I challenged myself to finish this table topper, and it's done!


At this moment, the Peppermint Popper table topper is flying across the United States. No, it is not a magic carpet . . . it is in a box with other gifties that is headed from one coast to the other! I was really pleased with how it turned out, and I wanted to show you!

You may recall that this table topper was designed by yours truly, using my Accuquilt Go! Baby and the versatile chisel die. I used only red and white fabrics in it, and after I sandwiched it, I decided to utilize the leftover chisels. (Hey, necessity is the mother of invention, right? I couldn't find any red and white striped fabric in my stash!)

So this is what I did --- I lined up the 2.5 inch mark on my ruler and whacked those bad boys into parallelograms . . . See?


Then when I had sliced all of them (this is not all of them, just a few!) . . .



I began to join them. Then I sliced that long chain into two pieces, and used it as my binding. Here is the result:


I kinda like it. In fact, I like it a lot. Would you like to see it again? I know I would!


Then I started adding some "bling" to the snowflakes that I had embroidered on there, using my Presencia Finca thread. (That's what I used to hand quilt the zigzags, too.)
Here are some of the snowflakes:




Here is the finished table topper --- binding, bling, and all!



I liked this project so much that I might try it again, but in blue and white, instead --- but I'll have to come up with a different name!

Love,

17 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! And I love your binding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just love the whole thing, hills and valleys full of snow and yes, the binding really adds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table topper! Love your 'snowflakes'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! and the binding looks really good. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is just so pretty! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. marvelous! an inspiration for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh that is amazing!!!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came out great! Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. an altogether lovely quilt! The binding is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great Snoodles! I love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the table topper! I found you because of your comment on the Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio blog regarding her awesome tiger quilt. I live in Anderson, SC and thought I'd drop in to say high to a fellow blogger/quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me i love it, they're cute the snowflakes. Greeting from Hungary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! OH MY GOODNESS! That is so pretty...... I sure hope that box is headed my way..... that is BEAUTIFUL!

    Thing I

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snoodles, you have done it again. Your quilts always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a big project in only one week! I like the added bling bling. Cute quilt and I am sure rewarding to have designed it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of the special embellishments on it. And you're right- I think it would look fabulous in blue and white.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)