Wednesday, September 26, 2012

E-Reader cover finish!

Hoppy Froggies! Padsworth and I sure hope that many of you will be completing pillowcases and e-reader covers for the Remember Servicemen and Women in September project!


We're proud to be a part of the effort, and decided that the Snoopy pillowcase was just not enough . . . Padsworth was determined that we were going to complete an e-reader cover!
Luckily, Melissa at SewBittersweetDesigns had a bodacious tutorial that helped us along! 
Whatcha think?  Yes, yes, I know you all love Padsworth....how does the cover look?? (Grin)


Melissa's tut had instructions for a velcro closure, and for the life of me, I couldn't find my velcro in my stash. Plus, I'm old school, and decided a button and buttonhole might be sturdier, so that's how we rolled.

Here is Padsworth showing you the zipper to hold the reader in safety:



And here is one last shot of the cover and our dapper froggie friend:



I don't have an e-reader, so I stuck a ruler in there to show you that it really is a zipper pocket! 

I'm proud to be participating in this effort for our servicemen and servicewomen, and I hope that you will hop to it, and make a pillowcase or e-reader cover to send over! Get all the details over at Melissa's, or at Kristy's blog, or from Sondra, at Contemporary Cloth. 

Love,



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I made a different e-reader bag, and it's already in the mail!! Maybe I'll attempt this pattern next! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. And the cover is nice too. :D
    Love how this will work, very efficient.
    Hugs to Padsworth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You e-reader cover turned out perfect!!!! I love the button instead of velcro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so fabulously! I love your button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Padsworth must love it too because he appears to be giving it a "kiss"! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is cute! I could make one of myself too!, and hey I found this site recently- bookboon dot com and it offers free useful kindles , you might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)