Thursday, June 2, 2016

Calling all plant and flower sleuths

See this tree?



This tree has been here for about ten years . . . a client mailed it to us from Minneapolis, all wrapped up and about twelve inches tall. (It's grown a little.)

We planted it, watered it, and named it Minnesota, for obvious reasons.

We didn't know that Minnesota would bloom.
But he did bloom this year!

Now, here are your clues. You have the picture of the tree up there, and the leaves look like this:


And here are the gorgeous flowers:


But what is Minnesota???? What kind of tree?

I haven't a clue. I guess I used to know. But hopefully one of y'all can tell me?

Love,



10 comments:

  1. Catalpa tree http://www.words4it.com/?p=1982

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen! It's good to know! (I couldn't reply via email cos your settings are on no-reply!) Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. Sorry! I love to research! Its the librarian in me!

      Delete
  2. All I could have told you was it's beautiful. I'm glad Colleen jumped in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you may see worms on this tree....leave them there....they will defoliate the tree...but that is okay.
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/catalpa-worms-zbcz1306.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. DH just planted two of these in our yard - I'm glad to see that they might grow up to be so pretty!
    He planted them for the worms, for fishing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by....your settings were on no-reply, so I couldn't email you. I appreciate your comment....maybe I'll have to watch for them and go fishing! LOL

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tree with stunning blooms. Fun guessing game. Glad Colleen knew what it was.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)